photo twitter_zpsb88712a7.png photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png  photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png photo contact_zps118c7e6e.png

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

We came, We saw, We conquered

I've lived in Oxnard for 10 years and finally went to see what this Strawberry Festival was all about. Liz, Cherry (at the Strawberry festival, ironic I know), and I had strawberry beer, strawberry margaritas, strawberry nachos, and of course strawberries.


We have four lovely new glasses as pictured above... exactly what we need.. to add to our collection of glasses from weddings, ex boyfriends, birthdays, and our house warming party. Anyone need a set of glasses?


I didn't want to wait in the 20 minute line to take a picture next to the real strawberry festival sign so the one next to the security guard works, right?  


Strawberry margs and sittin on some strawberry festival hay.


What's your sleep number?


So this was a highlight. Liz and I saw this photo op and knew it was a must. We got in line and asked the cute couple behind us to take our picture. We put our faces in the strawberries and both noticed another family taking our picture. We started walking away from the cut outs and noticed a little girl had joined us! That family will have a very interesting photo from the festival. Liz and I were chugging beers and the little girl was as happy as can be.


Last but not least, a ten foot tall cowboy grabbed us by our hair - all his idea.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

A strawberry festival sounds amazing.
New to your blog from your niece's! :)

Stesha said...

yayyyy Lauren!! OK, Brie & I are coming to visit, but I wanna go to the strawberry festival, how fun!!! congrats on the blog miss!!

xxS

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

I'm from Orange County and was in Oxnard last Aug for the Cowboys football training camp. I have always wanted to go to the Strawberry festival, just never make it up there. Looks like a great time :)