photo twitter_zpsb88712a7.png photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png  photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png photo instagram_zpsbaf77e5a.png photo contact_zps118c7e6e.png

Monday, June 3, 2013

My Dream of Becoming a Tambourinist....

....was crushed Friday night.  If I was granted an easy ticket to fame and fortune, it would happen by becoming a tambourinist for a group like Destiny's Child, The Beach Boys, Creed, or Gotye. Think about it, while all the talented members play guitars, drums, and sing, I'll just stand on the side dancing, beating the tambourine, and looking cute (well trying). I've considered putting up a craigslist add to see if any up and coming bands need one but haven't gotten around to doing it yet. 
So back to Friday night - for weeks the roomies and I have been excited to go to Soho in Santa Barbara and see Tommy & the High Pilots play. I figured this is my big opportunity to show my skills. Let me also tell you, the drummer knows I'd like the gig but has failed to setup an audition.



Here's the guys playing, Tommy & the High Pilots are the four on the left. Lucky for me (or so I thought), they had guest musicians playing so I figured I would be included.



Here's me waiting (on the left) by the tambourine I thought I would be playing soon. I waited song after song but never was called on stage to play. By now I've gotten the hint, Tommy & the High Pilots isn't my ticket but it was an amazing soon and I hope to see them perform soon. On another note, if you know any up and coming bands, let them know I'm a 'seasoned' tambourine artist.



O ya, we stopped by Winco on our way home - I HIGHLY recommend going in the middle of the night. Call it a playground for adults who get pleasure from buying cheap snacks and house hold products for cheap without being bothered by those really annoying slow grocery cart shoppers. 



1 comment:

Kathrin@shopschoolsleep said...

Hi here from your niece's blog and sounds like a great night!!